I have valued the feedback that I have received from others on the course, all of it has been very positive and I have included many of their suggestions in the site.
Feedback has included:
- I like how when you click on the photos they become larger
- The bright colour backgrounds are eye-catching!
- Good that you have separated your photos into groups
- Very independent work, I love it!
- Writing/text is a bit small – I have since increased the font size
- Good idea, instead of pages have different urls.
- Why orange? – because this is the colour I designed my commercial stationary in last semester.
- Wow, very mature – I am a bit old!
- I like the icons and the colour themes
- You should put your logo on the corner of pics so no one can steal them – I have begun to do this and will go back and watermark the older photos on the site.
- Travel ‘Buy Now’ images link to Photobox (put favourites first) – I have added a ‘Buy Now’ button to some of the travel photos and linked it through to my SmugMug account where the photos can be bought and printed by a pro lab.
- Contact details on each – at first I was loath to do this as I really wanted a simple site with as few pages as I possibly could and I have included contact icons on the bottom of every page but I relented and have included a contact me page near the Journal
- Nice neutral background
- Very spacious, not overcrowded
- Very interesting website, lots to look at.
- Cute cheery music for the video
- Cool that you can buy books and prints, makes it look professional
- Love the separate website for each section
- Love the range of images
- Video, comparing to website, not enough ‘you’ in it. Your experience is too colourful for one minute!
- Great website but a little too busy, especially the travel section, could you add a side bar for each section – I’m looking into this.
- Love the colours for each page, especially the wildlife, it really compliments the photos
- Logo looks really neat
- Maybe put email button in a separate place as its under ‘follow’ and may confuse stupid people – good point. I’ve re-labelled it.
- Good ‘shop’
- Videos are so cool!!!
- All pages show that you can do anything.
That last comment has really boosted my confidence.